Wounds Canada Institute programs are a great choice for your professional development. Our programs offer quality, flexibility and multiple learning options. Most of our programs are based on online modules that can be taken at your own pace and convenience. In more advanced programs, the addition of live webinars, marked assignments and on-site training and testing move the learner to deeper levels of discovery and competence.
Through WCI programs the individual learner can enhance their knowledge and skills, to deliver better health care and advance their own careers.
Groups of learners from the same organization can improve not only their own practices but raise the standards of their entire organization. If you are responsible for the professional development of your staff, we’d love to talk to you about group discounts. In addition, if you have 50 or more students, we can tailor your education requirements and provide both on-site (once deemed safe) and online education.
Please contact us for further details, to receive a quote or to reserve a program: click here.
Read a few of our amazing testimonials:
- It gave me a better understanding and knowledge in the wound care field. It has taught me how to better assess and document on wounds. I enjoyed the tools that assisted in assessing wounds.
- Identifying types of wounds and selecting which products are most suitable for type of wound.
- Great review of wound care.
- The case study portion allowed me to put into use the new information I learned about pressure injuries, how to recognize the different stages of pressure injuries and to see the patient as a whole in order to develop a plan of action upon discharge from hospital.
- The encouragement of a collaborative multi disciplinary approach stands out to me because in an isolated community sometimes it feels like we're one-hand clapping.
- Our facility already uses screening tools for risk of malnutrition and smoking cessation - I now better understand why these tools are important for risk of wound infection and can better education staff about their use for this reason.
- Better able to discuss issues and goals for patients.
- I liked learning the Wound Prevention and Management Cycle, I also like learning the appropriate dressings, and how to choose them.
- Excellent knowledge base for developing a holistic approach to caring for venous ulcers.
- Enjoyed the use of case studies.
- I found that the product pickers will be beneficial in my practice.