Join the largest wound-related conference in Canada! This November, come network, learn from experts, share ideas and catch-up on the latest research.
This is a four-day continuing education event, Exploring Integrated Wound Management, designed to support health-care professionals who work with patients with wounds or who are at risk for developing wounds.
This conference will feature four days of learning and networking with peers and international experts – an experience you cannot get anywhere else. Don’t miss it!
Register: click here
Single day registration $275 + HST (Thursday/Friday/Saturday) $150 + HST (Sunday)
Student registration $405 + HST (proof of student status must be presented upon arrival)
Starting at $25 + HST. Add on a Hand-on Workshop. Space is limited!
Register: click here
Add on a Hand-on Workshop at the 2018 Fall Conference. Space is limited!
Hands-on workshops* are small group settings where attendees will have a chance to interact closely with faculty and materials related to one of the following topics:
- Developing a Business Case for an Integrated Wound Care Team: $25
- Using Social Media to Strengthen your Brand: $25
- Conducting Wound Care Research: $25
- Ostomy Care 101: $75
*Participants must be registered for the conference.
These workshop will be held on Thursday November 8th from 3:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the London Convention Centre. Attendees may pick one workshop. There is a fee for attendance, please click one the workshop above to register.
Agenda and Floor Plan
November 8-11, 2018
About the Conference
The goals of the Wounds Canada conference are:
- To bring together national and international experts in the field of wound prevention and management
- To assist practitioners to incorporate the most recent scientific evidence, technology and tools into practice
- To review and discuss the extent and quality of evidence surrounding the prevention and management of different types of wounds
- To discuss practical, patient-centred, cost-effective approaches to wound care
- To discuss the policy implications of clinical decisions and vice-versa
- To provide an avenue for communication between practitioners and industry
Highlights of the Conference
- Four days of jam-packed learning and networking opportunities in multi-disciplinary setting
- Oral and poster presentations outlining the latest research, technology and tools
- Formal and informal networking opportunities from morning to night.
The conference is suitable for:
- Certified Orthotists and Certified Prosthetists
- Enterostomal Therapy Nurses
- Family Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Occupational Therapists
- Registered Nurses
- Registered Practical Nurses
- Social Workers
- Surgeons . . . and more!
Submit an Abstract
Abstract opening date: June 19, 2018
Abstracts submission deadline: August 12, 2018
Notification of acceptance/rejection: September 4, 2018 (offers are valid for a two-week period)
Abstract topics for oral presentation or electronic poster presentation may refer to any topic related to the promotion of skin health, and/or the prevention, assessment and management of various types of wounds. We invite authors to share information about activities/projects related to skin and wound care in a broad range of areas including research, education, health policy and clinical practice.
Registration for Oral Presentations and Electronic Poster Displays
At least one author who is presenting the abstract(s) selected for either an oral presentation or electronic poster display must register for the full conference at the latest 10 business days after acceptance of their abstract.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
1. Abstracts are required for all oral presentations and electronic poster displays.
2. Abstracts must be submitted by midnight of August 12, 2018 (EDT).
3. Maximum word count is 300 (not including references and authors names and affiliations).
4. A maximum of four abstracts may be submitted per author.
5. Abstracts may be submitted in English or French.
6. Electronic poster displays (of abstracts accepted for electronic poster display) will be published on the conference mobile app and on the Wounds Canada website (https://www.woundscanada.ca/leader-change-maker/research-poster-archive) for an indefinite period. By submitting an abstract you consent to giving Wounds Canada permission to publish your provided electronic poster display as noted above.
When submitting your abstract, please indicate if you would like your submission to be considered for one or more of the following awards. Award recipients will be announced during the ‘Welcome Back and Poster Prizes’ session on Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 8:00 am.
ORAL PRESENTATION: Authors indicating they wish to be considered for oral presentation will be notified by email if they have been selected (by Abstract Review Committee members) to deliver a 10-minute oral presentation during one of the oral poster sessions. If you accept to give an oral presentation of your research abstract, you should plan to attend the entire 1.5-hour oral poster session to which you are assigned. This is so that all abstract presenters in that session can participate in a panel discussion and answer questions in the latter part of the session.
BEST ABSTRACT: The top two abstract submissions considered for oral presentations will be asked to repeat their oral presentation in the ‘Welcome Back and Poster Prizes’ session on Sunday, November 11, 2018 at 8:00 am.
JUDGES’ CHOICE AWARD: All abstracts accepted for inclusion at the conference will be eligible for the Judges’ Choice Award, which is chosen by a panel of judges and is based on the electronic poster displayed during the conference.
PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD: All abstracts accepted for inclusion at the conference will be eligible for the People’s Choice Award, which is chosen using written ballots from delegates attending the conference and is based on the electronic poster displayed during the conference.
NEW INVESTIGATOR AWARD: If you are enrolled as a student in a recognized wound education program and wish to be consider for the New Investigator Award, please provide the additional information required (see instructions provided). pdf Click here for more information (135 KB)
BEST LOCAL ENTRY: All abstracts accepted for inclusion at the conference and with at least one author who resides in the South West Local Health Integration Network will be eligible for the Best Local Entry Award, which is chosen by a panel of judges and is based on the electronic poster displayed during the conference.
- The online submission process has a word limit set to a maximum of 300 words per abstract. This does not include references and author’s names and affiliations.
- Please use the following subtitles in your abstract:
- Title: Create a title that concisely and accurately portrays the content of the abstract.
- Aim: Clearly state the purpose of the work.
- Procedure/Method: Describe the procedures/activities or methodology used to conduct your work. Please provide specific Information about subject characteristics or health-care setting where relevant.
- Findings/Results: Summarize key findings or important results that you wish to share with colleagues in a clear and concise manner.
- Conclusion(s): Where results warrant, provide reasonable conclusions that relate back to the study purpose/objectives.
- Implications/Applications: Clearly state how the outcomes and potential applications are pertinent to this audience.
Submitting an Abstract
Please visit https://app.oxfordabstracts.com/stages/87/submission and register with the abstract system. You will be given instructions on how to submit and may log in to the system at any time to view or edit your abstract(s) up until the close date.
Abstract Review Procedure
- The Abstract Review Committee will do a blind review process of submitted abstracts. A least two reviewers will grade and comment on each abstract. Ties and discrepancies will be resolved by the committee Chair.
- Please refer to the attached Abstract Evaluation Form for abstract scoring details. pdf Click here. (148 KB)
- Abstracts will not be accepted if:
a. They include brand, trade, or commercial names
b. No key findings or study results are identified in the submission
4. Notification of acceptance or rejection of the abstract will be sent to all authors by September 4, 2018.