Call for Poster Abstracts for the Wounds Canada 2022 Hybrid Fall Conference
Poster Abstract opening date: February 22, 2022
Poster Abstract submission deadline: July 15, 2022
Notification of acceptance/rejection: August 8, 2022 (offers are valid for a two-week period)
Poster topics may include anything related to the promotion of skin health, and/or the assessment, prevention and management of wounds. We invite authors to share information about activities/projects related to skin health and wound care in a broad range of areas including research, education, health policy and clinical practice.
1. The online abstract submission process has a word limit set to a maximum of 300 words per abstract. This does not include references and author’s names and affiliations.
2. Please use the following subtitles in your abstract:
a. Title: Create a title that concisely and accurately portrays the content of the abstract.
b. Aim: Clearly state the purpose of the work.
c. Procedure/Method: Describe the procedures/activities or methodology used to conduct the work. Please provide specific information about subject characteristics or the healthcare setting where relevant.
d. Findings/Results: Summarize key findings or important results that you wish to share with colleagues in a clear and concise manner. Where results warrant, provide reasonable conclusions that related back to the study purpose/objectives.
e. Implications/Applications: Clearly state how the outcomes and potential applications are pertinent to this audience.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
1. Abstracts must be submitted via the Oxford Abstracts website by midnight on July 15, 2022 (EDT).
2. Abstracts may be submitted in English or French.
3. A maximum of four abstracts may be submitted per author.
4. Abstract submissions that include brand, trade or commercial names will be automatically rejected.
5. Abstract submissions that do not contain findings/results will be automatically rejected.
6. A completed Duality of Interest Disclosure Form and Abstract Copyright Form must accompany each abstract submission. These forms are available on the Oxford Abstracts website.
Submitting an Abstract
To submit an abstract, visit the Oxford Abstracts website by clicking here. Once on the website, follow the instructions to sign in or register. You will then be provided instructions on how to submit abstracts. You may log into the Oxford Abstracts website at any time to view or edit your abstract(s) up until the closing date (July 15, 2022).
When submitting your abstract(s), please indicate if you would like your submission(s) to be considered for one or more of the following awards. Award recipients will be announced during the Poster Winners and Prizes session, on Sunday October 16, 2022. Winners are asked to attend to be recognized for their achievement.
1. BEST ABSTRACT AWARD: All abstracts accepted for inclusion in the conference will be eligible for the Best Abstract Award, which is chosen by the Abstract Review Committee and is based on the overall score of the written abstract submitted.
2. JUDGES’ CHOICE AWARD: All abstracts accepted for inclusion at the conference will be eligible for the Judges’ Choice Award, which is chosen by a panel of judges and is based on the electronic poster displayed during the conference.
3. PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD: All abstracts accepted for inclusion at the conference will be eligible for the People’s Choice Award, which is chosen using ballots from delegates attending the conference and is based on the electronic poster displayed during the conference.
4. NEW INVESTIGATOR AWARD: If you are enrolled as a student in a recognized wound education program and wish to be considered for the New Investigator Award, please provide the additional information required (see the instructions provided).
5. ORAL PRESENTATION: There will be two in-person unopposed sessions featuring oral poster presentations during the conference. If you wish to be considered for an oral presentation during one of these sessions, indicate so during the abstract submission process. The Abstract Review Committee will select abstracts for oral presentation at the conference based on the overall score of the written abstract submitted.
6. BEST ORAL PRESENTATION: The top two presentations from the in-person oral poster sessions during the conference will be recognized during the Poster Winners and Prizes session, in the afternoon of Sunday, October 16th. Winners will be chosen by the moderator of the oral poster presentation sessions and will be notified as early as possible on Sunday, October 16th so that they can plan to attend and be recognized for their achievement.
Abstract Review Process
1. The Abstract Review Committee will do a blind review of submitted abstracts. At least two reviewers will grade and comment on each abstract. Ties and discrepancies will be resolved by the committee Chair.
2. Please refer to the attached Abstract Evaluation Form for abstract scoring details.
3. Abstracts will not be accepted if:
a. They include brand, trade, or commercial names
b. No key findings or study results are identified in the submission
4. Notification of acceptance or rejection of abstracts will be sent to all authors by August 8, 2022.
If your abstract is accepted, at least one author must register for the full conference. This registration must occur within 10 business days of abstract acceptance.