Three exciting virtual and hybrid events in 2023.
We're proud of the three conferences we have lined up for you for 2023! Wounds Canada will continue to offer virtual conferences throughout 2023, but we're excited to continue a hybrid version for our Fall National Conference. Registration information coming soon!
National Conference - September 28-30, 2023
The Wounds Canada National Conference is the largest wound‑related event in Canada, bringing together health-care professionals, educators and key opinion leaders in both a virtual and on-site gathering in Niagara Falls. This hybrid continuing education event is designed to support health-care professionals who work with patients with wounds or who are at risk for developing wounds. Both conference formats will be available for those who are able to join us in Niagara Falls and for those who prefer to meet virtually.
In-person registration fees:
Early Bird Member until June 30 - $399.00
Early Bird Non-Member until June 30 - $450.00
Member Regular - $505.00
Non-Member Regular - $545.00
Single Day - $275.00
Virtual registration fees:
Wounds Canada Member Virtual Package - $95.00
Non-member Virtual Package - $150.00
Come back soon to check for updates.
Call for Poster Abstracts for the Wounds Canada 2023 National Conference
Poster Abstract opening date: March 8, 2023
Poster Abstracts submission deadline: June 30, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. EDT
Notification of acceptance/rejection: July 24, 2023 (offers are valid for a two-week period)
Poster Abstract Topics
Poster abstract topics may include anything related to the promotion of skin health, and/or the assessment, prevention and management of wounds. We invite authors to share information about activities/projects related to skin health and wound care in a broad range of areas including research, education, health policy and clinical practice.
Poster Abstract Content
- The online poster abstract submission process has a word limit set to a maximum of 300 words per abstract. This does not include references and author’s names and affiliations.
- Please use the following subtitles in your poster abstract:
- Title: Create a title that concisely and accurately portrays the content of the poster abstract.
- Aim: Clearly state the purpose of the work.
- Procedure/Method: Describe the procedures/activities or methodology used to conduct the work. Please provide specific information about subject characteristics or the healthcare setting where relevant.
- Findings/Results: Summarize key findings or important results that you wish to share with colleagues in a clear and concise manner. Where results warrant, provide reasonable conclusions that related back to the study purpose/objectives.
- Implications/Applications: Clearly state how the outcomes and potential applications are pertinent to this audience.
Poster Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Poster abstracts must be submitted via the Oxford Abstracts website by June 30, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. EDT.
- Poster abstracts must be submitted in the English language.
- A maximum of four poster abstracts may be submitted per author.
- Poster abstract submissions that include brand, trade or commercial names will be automatically rejected.
- Poster abstract submissions that do not contain findings/results will be automatically rejected.
- A completed Duality of Interest Disclosure Form and poster abstract Copyright Form must accompany each poster abstract submission. These forms are available on the Oxford Abstracts website.
Submitting a Poster Abstract
To submit a poster abstract, visit the Oxford Abstracts website by clicking on the following link: https://app.oxfordabstracts.com/stages/5684/submitter. Once on the website, follow the instructions to sign in or register. You will then be provided instructions on how to submit poster abstracts. You may log into the Oxford Abstracts website at any time to view or edit your poster abstract(s) up until the closing date (June 30, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. EDT).
Poster Abstract Awards
When submitting your poster abstract(s), please indicate if you would like your submission(s) to be considered for one or more of the following awards. Award recipients will be announced during the Poster Winners and Prizes session on Saturday, September 30th. Winners will be asked to be present to be recognized for their achievement.
- BEST ABSTRACT AWARD: All poster abstracts accepted for inclusion in the conference will be eligible for the Best Abstract Award, which is chosen by the Abstract Review Committee and is based on the overall score of the written poster abstract submitted.
- JUDGES’ CHOICE AWARD: All poster abstracts accepted for inclusion at the conference will be eligible for the Judges’ Choice Award, which is chosen by a panel of judges and is based on the electronic poster displayed during the conference.
- PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD: All poster abstracts accepted for inclusion at the conference will be eligible for the People’s Choice Award, which is chosen using ballots from delegates attending the conference and is based on the electronic poster displayed during the conference.
- NEW INVESTIGATOR AWARD: If you are enrolled as a student in a recognized wound education program and wish to be considered for the New Investigator Award, please provide the additional information required (see the instructions provided).
- ORAL PRESENTATION: There will be two sessions featuring oral poster presentations during the conference (oral poster presentations will be done in-person/on-site in Niagara Falls). If you wish to be considered for an oral presentation, indicate so during the poster abstract submission process. The Abstract Review Committee will select poster abstracts for oral presentation at the conference (on-site in Niagara Falls) based on the overall score of the written poster abstract submitted.
- BEST ORAL PRESENTATION: The top two presentations from the oral poster session(s) during the conference will be recognized during the Poster Winners and Prizes session, on Saturday, September 30th. Winners will be chosen by the moderator of the oral poster presentation session(s) and will be notified as early as possible on Saturday, September 30th so that they can plan to attend (in-person/on-site) and be recognized for their achievement.
Poster Abstract Review Process
- The Abstract Review Committee will do a blind review of submitted poster abstracts. At least two reviewers will grade and comment on each poster abstract. Ties and discrepancies will be resolved by the committee Chair.
- Please refer to the attached Abstract Evaluation Form for abstract scoring details.
- Poster abstracts will not be accepted if:
- They include brand, trade, or commercial names
- No key findings or study results are identified in the submission
- Notification of acceptance or rejection of poster abstracts will be sent to all authors by July 24, 2023.
Conference Registration (http://www.woundscanada2023.ca/)
If your poster abstract is accepted for electronic poster presentation or electronic and oral poster presentation, at least one author must register for and attend the full in-person/on-site conference (September 28-30, 2023). This registration must occur within 10 business days of poster abstract acceptance.
New for 2023: Meet the Author periods will occur during exhibit times (on-site) throughout the conference. The poster abstract author who registers for the conference will be assigned a time to be present (on-site) at the electronic poster display in the exhibit hall to answer questions from conference attendees. Authors are welcome to be present at the electronic poster display at any time in addition to their assigned time. Further details about the Meet the Author periods will be provided closer to the conference date.
For anyone in need of transportation into Niagara Falls, we have secured a discount with Niagara Airbus.
Use the Wounds Canada discount code 743 to receive up to 20% shuttle discount from Toronto Pearson Airport, and 10% discount on private exclusive services for Toronto Pearson, Billy Bishop and Hamilton Airports, Buffalo and Niagara Falls New York. This code is valid booked 84 hours in advance of pickup for shuttle and 7 days in advance for Private Services.
You simply need to go to www.niagaraairbus.com - at the beginning of the booking page, you will need to insert this code (743) where you see Conference/Promo code - and your discount will automatically be calculated as long as the code is entered.
The code is valid for travel from September 17 to October 7th 2023 to allow ample time to travel before and after the event.
Please click here for Online Booking Instructions.
Wounds Canada Reservation Site - Hilton Niagara Falls/Fallsview Hotel & Suites
Pressure Injury Symposium - November 16, 2023
The Pressure Injury Symposium coincides with the recognition of World Wide Pressure Injury Day on Thursday, November 17, 2022. This virtual event will examine the risks and causes along with the multi-disciplinary comprehensive management of pressure injuries by dietitians, nurses, surgeons, physicians and physiatrists to develop strategies, overcome barriers and improve patient outcomes. Join us for this one-day virtual learning event with co-chairs Dr Alan Rogers and Stephanie Chadwick.
Come back soon to check for updates.
Limb Preservation Symposium - April 28, 2023
This one-day virtual learning event on limb preservation is a joint venture between Wounds Canada, the Canadian Podiatric Medical Association and D-Foot International. The program, chaired by Dr. Ahmed Kayssi, will focus on Indigenous health in limb preservation.
The archived sessions of the Limb Preservation Symposium are now available on demand by logging into the platform with the same email that you used to register for the conference. Click on the Auditorium, which will take you to the list of the sessions where you can click on the PLAY button to view the various presentations.
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification program of The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. This activity has been approved by the Canadian Society for Vascular Surgery. This program has been reviewed and approved under Section 1 (Accredited Group Learning Activities) of the Framework of CPD Options of the Maintenance of Certification program for a total of 5.25 hours.