Wounds Canada’s fall conference is a four-day continuing education event designed to support health-care professionals who work with patients with wounds or who are at risk for developing wounds.
This year’s conference is being held at The International Centre, 6900 Airport Road, Mississauga, ON from November 16 – 19, 2017. Don’t miss it!
The goals of the Wounds Canada conference are:
Highlights of the Conference
• Four days of jam-packed learning and networking opportunities in multi-disciplinary setting
• Oral and poster presentations outlining the latest research, technology and tools
The conference is suitable for:
- Enterostomal Therapy Nurses
- Family Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Occupational Therapists
- Registered Nurses
- Registered Practical Nurses
- Social Workers
- . . . and more!
Option 1: 2017 Wounds Canada Fall Conference Mississauga
This conference will feature four days of learning and networking with peers and international experts – an experience you cannot get anywhere else. Don’t miss it!
Wounds Canada Member price: $495 + HST / Non-member price: $535 + HST
Option 2: Pre-conference workshop: Changing Practice through Applied Knowledge workshop - Mississauga 2017
The workshop is a lively, interactive event facilitated by Canada’s leading wound-care specialists. The workshop on November 14-15, 2017 consists of two days of knowledge learning, discussion, team and community building as well as an exploration of available resources for improving your practice.
Registration price: $439 + HST
Option 3: Wounds Canada Boot Camp - Combined registration for Fall Conference Mississauga 2017 and Changing Practice through Applied Knowledge 2-day Workshop
The Wounds Canada Boot Camp is 6 days of intensive wound care education! The Boot Camp includes registration to our 2-day Changing Practice workshop November 14-15, 2017 as well as the Wounds Canada Fall Conference November 16-19, 2017. Registering for the boot camp saves you over $175 off regular registration costs!
Registration price: $799 +HST
Don't forget to register to attend a Hand-on Workshop at the 2017 Fall Conference. Space is limited!
Hands-on workshops are small group settings where attendees will have a chance to interact closely with faculty and materials related to one of the following topics:
- Suturing, Debridement and Biopsy for Primary Care
- Dressing Selection
- Assessment and Management of Lower Leg Edema
- Pressure Redistribution Options
- Diabetic Offloading Options
These workshop will be held on Thursday November 16th from 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the International Centre. Attendees may pick one workshop. There is a $75 fee for attendance, please click below to register.
To register: Click here
Conference Agenda (November 16-19, 2017)
Please click here to view the conference agenda.
Changing Practice Workshop Agenda (November 14-15, 2017)
Call for Abstracts
Call for Abstracts for the 2017 Fall Conference in Mississauga, ON
Abstract opening date: Monday, June 19th, 2017
Abstracts submission deadline: Friday, September 1st, 2017
Notification of acceptance/rejection: September 11th, 2011 (offers are valid for a two week period)
Abstract topics for oral presentation or poster presentation may refer to any topic related to the promotion of skin health, and/or the prevention, assessment, and management of various types of wounds. We invite authors to share information about activities/projects related to skin and wound care in a broad range of areas including research, education, health policy, and clinical practice.
Registration for Oral Presentations and Poster Displays
At least one author who is presenting the abstract(s) selected for either an electronic poster display or an oral presentation must register for the full conference at the latest 10 business days after acceptance of their abstract.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstracts are required for all oral presentations and electronic display posters.
- Abstracts must be submitted by midnight of September 1st, 2017(EST).
- A maximum of 4 abstracts may be submitted per author.
- Abstracts may be submitted in English or French.
- Accepted abstracts will be published in the conference syllabus.
By submitting an abstract you consent to giving the Wounds Canada permission to publish your abstract. Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing and subsequently confirmed by Wounds Canada.
Deadline for withdrawal is Monday, October 2nd, 2017.
The online submission process has an abstract word limit set to a maximum of 400 words. This does not include author’s names or affiliations.
Please use the following subtitles in your abstract:
- Title: Create a title that concisely and accurately portrays the content of the abstract.
- Aim: Clearly state the purpose of your work
- Procedure/Method: Describe the procedures/activities or methodology used to conduct your work. Please provide specific Information about subject characteristics or health care setting where relevant.
- Findings/Results: Summarize key findings or important results that you wish to share with colleagues in a clear and concise manner. Where results warrant, provide reasonable conclusions that relate back to the study purpose/objectives.
- Implications/Applications: Clearly state how the outcomes and potential applications are pertinent to this audience.
- References: Three References should be included
Submitting an Abstract
Please click here and register with the abstract system. You will be given instructions on how to submit and may log in to the system at any time to view or edit your abstract(s) up until the close date.
The Abstract Review Committee will do a blind review process of submitted abstracts.
Reviewers will consider the following criteria
- The primary aspects of the project, including rationale, background information and objectives, are clearly stated in a logical progression.
- The topic is of importance and interest to the target audience.
- The materials and methods (what was done or details of the program) are clearly stated.
- The usage or outcomes/findings are clearly stated.
- The information in the abstract is current, innovative and supported by evidence.
PLEASE NOTE that abstracts will not be accepted if they
- Use brand, trade, or commercial names
- No key findings or study results are identified in the submission
Notification of acceptance or rejection of the abstract will be sent to all authors by Monday, September 11th, 2017.