Early Bird Registration is now open! Click here
Wounds Canada’s spring conference is a two-day continuing education event designed to support health-care professionals who work with patients with wounds or who are at risk for developing wounds.
This year’s conference, called “Exploring Evidence in Wound Care” is being held at Thompson Rivers University Conference Centre, in Kamloops B.C., from May 12 – 13, 2017. Don’t miss it!
While we are in Kamloops we will also be offering the Changing Practice through Applied Knowledge workshop on May 10-11. Read through the options below before you register. If you attend both events you can save over $150 by registering for the Wounds Canada Boot Camp!
Option 1: 2017 Wounds Canada Spring Conference Kamloops
Exploring Evidence in Wound Care: Different Types of Evidence That Inform Optimum Care for Persons Living With or at Risk of Wounds. Two days of interactive learning, May 12-13, 2017.
Early bird member price: $250 + GST / Early bird non-member price: $289 +GST
Option 2: Pre-conference workshop: Changing Practice through Applied Knowledge workshop - Kamloops 2017
The workshop is a lively, interactive event facilitated by Canada’s leading wound-care specialists. The workshop on May 10-11, 2017 consists of two days of knowledge learning, discussion, team and community building as well as an exploration of available resources for improving your practice.
Registration price: $439 +GST
Option 3: Wounds Canada Boot Camp - Combined registration for Spring Conference Kamloops 2017 and Changing Practice through Applied Knowledge 2-day Workshop
The CAWC Boot Camp is 4 days of intensive wound care education! The Boot Camp includes registration to our 2-day Changing Practice workshop May 10-11, 2017 as well as the CAWC Spring Conference May 12-13, 2017. Registering for both events saves you over $150 off regular registration costs!
Registration price: $650 +GST
To register: Click here
Please CLICK HERE to view the agenda in PDF format.
Abstract opening date: January 13, 2017
Abstracts submission deadline: February 24, 2017
Notification of acceptance/rejection: March 10, 2017 (offers are valid for a two week period)
Abstract topics for oral presentation or poster presentation may refer to any topic related to the promotion of skin health, and/or the prevention, assessment, and management of various types of wounds. We invite authors to share information about activities/projects related to skin and wound care in a broad range of areas including research, education, health policy, and clinical practice.
Registration for Oral Presentations and Poster Displays
At least one author who is presenting the abstract(s) selected for either an electronic poster display or an oral presentation must register for the full conference at the latest 10 business days after acceptance of their abstract.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
1. Abstracts are required for all oral presentations and electronic display posters.
2. Abstracts must be submitted by midnight of February 24, 2017(EST).
3. A maximum of 4 abstracts may be submitted per author.
4. Abstracts may be submitted in English or French.
5. Accepted abstracts will be published in the conference syllabus.By submitting an abstract you consent to giving the
CAWC permission to publish your abstract.
6. Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing and subsequently confirmed by the CAWC. Contact
1. The online submission process has an abstract word limit set to a maximum of 400 words. This does not include author’s
names or affiliations.
2. Please use the following subtitles in your abstract:
- Title: Create a title that concisely and accurately portrays the content of the abstract.
- Aim: Clearly state the purpose of your work.
- Procedure/Method: Describe the procedures/activities or methodology used to conduct your work. Please provide specific
Information about subject characteristics or health care setting where relevant.
- Findings/Results: Summarize key findings or important results that you wish to share with colleagues in a clear and concise manner. Where results warrant, provide reasonable conclusions that relate back to the study purpose/objectives.
- Implications/Applications: Clearly state how the outcomes and potential applications are pertinent to this audience.
- References: Three References should be included.
Submitting an Abstract
Please visit CLICK HERE to register with the abstract system. You will be given instructions on how to submit and may log in to the system at any time to view or edit your abstract(s) up until the close date.
1. The Abstract Review Committee will do a blind review process of submitted abstracts.
2. Reviewers will consider the following criteria:
•The primary aspects of the project, including rationale, background information and objectives, are clearly stated in
a logical progression.
•The topic is of importance and interest to the target audience.
•The materials and methods (what was done or details of the program) are clearly stated.
•The usage or outcomes/findings are clearly stated.
•The information in the abstract is current, innovative and supported by evidence.
PLEASE NOTE THAT abstracts will not be accepted if they:
- Use brand, trade, or commercial names
- No key findings or study results are identified in the submission
Notification of acceptance or rejection of the abstract will be sent to all authors by March 3, 2017
If you’re not sure of the best way to organize your information and would like to know more on how to create an effective abstract for submission, read this excellent “How to Write an Abstract” article.
Where to Stay
You have 3 options for your accommodations:
Ramada Inn - Kamloops
555 West Columbia Street, Kamloops, BC V2C 1K7
Room Rate: $110.00 plus applicable taxes
Toll free 1-800-663-2832 or local 250-374-0358
Best Western Plus Kamloops Hotel
660 Columbia Street West, Kamloops, BC V2C 1L1
Room Rate: $139.00 - $205.00 plus applicable taxes (depending on room type)
Toll free 1-888-302-7878 or local 250-374-7878
Thompson Rivers University Residence*
950 McGill Road, Kamloops BC V2C 0E1
Two-Bedroom Suite $114.95 for single up to $134.95 for quad plus applicable taxes
Four-Bedroom Suite$169.95 plus applicable taxes
Executive Loft Suite$155.00 plus applicable taxes
*Complimentary WiFi available in all rooms, private kitchenettes in 2-bedroom and 4-bedroom suites