Wounds Canada’s Spring Conference is a two-day continuing education event designed to support health-care professionals who work with patients with wounds or who are at risk for developing wounds.
This year’s conference is being held at RBC Convention Centre, 375 York Avenue
Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3C 3J3 from May 11 – 12, 2018. Pencil us in and join us!
Wounds Canada Spring Conference Winnipeg
This conference will feature two days of learning and networking with peers, local,national and international experts – an experience you cannot get anywhere else. Don’t miss it!
Wounds Canada Member price: $399 + taxes / Non-member price: $425 + taxes
Agenda and Floor Plan
May 11-12, 2018
exhibit hall floor plan (coming soon)
conference venue floor plan (coming soon)
About the event
The goals of the Wounds Canada conference are:
Highlights of the Conference
• Two days of jam-packed learning and networking opportunities in multi-disciplinary setting
• Oral and poster presentations outlining the latest research, technology and tools
The conference is suitable for:
- Certified Orthotists and Certified Prosthetists
- Enterostomal Therapy Nurses
- Family Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners
- Occupational Therapists
- Registered Nurses
- Registered Practical Nurses
- Social Workers
- . . . and more!
Call for abstract
Submit an Abstract
To make an abstract submission: click here (external link)
Abstract opening date: Monday, January 29th, 2018
Abstracts submission deadline: Monday, March 12th, 2018
Notification of acceptance/rejection: Monday, March 26th, 2018 (offers are valid for a two week period)
Abstract topics for oral presentation or poster presentation may refer to any topic related to the promotion of skin health, and/or the prevention, assessment, and management of various types of wounds. We invite authors to share information about activities/projects related to skin and wound care in a broad range of areas including research, education, health policy, and clinical practice.
Registration for Oral Presentations and Poster Displays
At least one author who is presenting the abstract(s) selected for either an electronic poster display or an oral presentation must register for the full conference at the latest 10 business days after acceptance of their abstract.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
1. Abstracts are required for all oral presentations and electronic display posters.
2. Abstracts must be submitted by midnight of March 12th, 2018 (EST).
3. A maximum of 4 abstracts may be submitted per author.
4. Abstracts may be submitted in English or French.
5. Accepted abstracts will be published in the conference syllabus.
By submitting an abstract you consent to giving the Wounds Canada permission to publish your abstract. Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing and subsequently confirmed by Wounds Canada.
Deadline for withdrawal is Monday, April 9th, 2018.
The online submission process has an abstract word limit set to a maximum of 400 words. This does not include author’s names or affiliations. Please use the following subtitles in your abstract:
- Title: Create a title that concisely and accurately portrays the content of the abstract.
- Aim: Clearly state the purpose of your work
- Procedure/Method: Describe the procedures/activities or methodology used to conduct your work. Please provide specific Information about subject characteristics or health care setting where relevant.
- Findings/Results: Summarize key findings or important results that you wish to share with colleagues in a clear and concise manner. Where results warrant, provide reasonable conclusions that relate back to the study purpose/objectives.
- Implications/Applications: Clearly state how the outcomes and potential applications are pertinent to this audience.
- References: Three References should be included
How to submit an Abstract
Abstract submissions are received via an abstract management tool (external to Wounds Canada) that will allow you and our team to manage your submission process. To make an abstract submission: click here
The Abstract Review Committee will do a blind review process of submitted abstracts. Reviewers will consider the following criteria:
- The primary aspects of the project, including rationale, background information and objectives, are clearly stated in a logical progression.
- The topic is of importance and interest to the target audience.
- The materials and methods (what was done or details of the program) are clearly stated.
- The usage or outcomes/findings are clearly stated.
- The information in the abstract is current, innovative and supported by evidence.
PLEASE NOTE that abstracts will not be accepted if:
- They use brand, trade, or commercial names
- No key findings or study results are identified in the submission
Notification of acceptance or rejection of the abstract will be sent to all by Monday, March 26th, 2018.
Book your hotel
*4 minutes away from the RBC Conference Centre! Map
350 Saint Mary Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R3C 3J2
Toll Free Reservations: 1-888-311-4990
Book your room: click here
Room Rate: starting at $179.00 plus applicable tax
Cut-off date April 18, 2018 (or until room block sells out)