Date and location:
April 21st, 2017 8:30 - 15:00
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Vaughn Estates.
This workshop has been designated as a U of T Accredited event and awarded with the following credits:
- The College of Family Physicians of Canada – 4.0 Mainpro+ credits
- Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons of Canada – 4.0 Section 1 hours
Registration fee for this event is $45 +HST. Space is limited click here to register!
To provide health-care professionals with the latest strategies to identify and treat PAD using a patient-centred, evidence-based model.
Physicians, cardiologists, specialists, internists, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, podiatrists and chiropodists.
- Discuss the current situation related to PAD
- Identify the signs and symptoms of PAD
- Distinguish among the various diagnostic tests and evaluate their value in clinical practice
- Formulate treatment plans to manage PAD and improve symptoms and quality of life of patients
- Discuss an effective PAD referral process in your practice and community setting
Bonus: This session will include a brief overview and advances in the prevention and management of wounds.
- Recognize PAD and its imact on individuals and Canadian health-care systems
- Identify how the pathology of PAD impacts the health of a person
- Develop assessment and treatment strategies that target PAD
- Implement patient centred, sustainable treatment plans involving other team members
Did You Know? There are multiple ways to access Wounds Canada educational programs, either as an individual or as a facility, region or organisation. Please click here for more information and for a list of upcoming events.