Diabetic Foot Canada (a division of Wounds Canada) has created a program to help persons with diabetes care for their feet and prevent diabetic foot ulcers. Diabetic Foot Canada offers a variety of resources for clinicians involved in wound care, including educational materials, screening tools, and products for persons with diabetes. Diabetic Foot Canada e-journal is a professional publication that provides credible diabetes, diabetic foot and foot care information based on evidence and experience from clinical practice. More...
Wound Care Canada Magazine is the professional journal of wound care. More than 10,000 health professionals consult this publication for credible information about implementing the best available evidence in wound management and prevention in their own clinical practice. More...
Diabetes, Healthy Feet and You program includes a community peer-lead workshop for patients (and their caregivers), supporting materials for clinician and screening tools. Also, we offer patient information such as: a list of questions to ask their doctor, a shoe fitting guide, video guides, an interactive online tool to help patients examine their feet, identify their risk, manage their foot care, and select appropriate footwear.
Sign-up to receive monthly tips to share with your patients: click here.
Supporting materials for clinician
Diabetes, Healthy Feet and You provides clinicians working with persons with diabetes multiple tools to help promote a health foot care routine.
- Have you checked your feet lately? Click to access the poster in multiple languages
- Steps for healthy feet: English or French
- Foot problems: English or French
- Wounds Canada: Best Practice Recommendations Prevention and Management of Diabetic Foot Ulcers Update 2017 View guidelines
- Registered Nurses’ Association of Ontario: Nursing Best Practice Guideline. Assessment and Management of Foot Ulcers for People with Diabetes 2005. View guidelines
- Goettl K. Foot care practices of persons living with diabetes prior to amputation. Wound Care Canada 2008;6:64–7. View article
- Diabetes Canada: Foot Care chapter, by the Canadian Diabetes Association Clinical Practice Guidelines Expert Committee, Keith Bowering, 2013. Click to view
- Diabetic Foot Canada e-journal: Click to view or subscribe for free
- Wound Care Canada Magazine: Click to view or subscribe for free
Attend an educational workshop
Learn more about our face-to-face workshops offered by Wounds Canada: