Become a Peer Leader
You have lived it. You are well-informed when it comes to living with Diabetes. So, why not share your knowledge with your community? Becoming a Peer Leader is simple but requires a commitment. Don’t worry, we are here to train you and support you. You won’t be doing this all alone. A health-care professional will co-facilitate workshops with you
After being accepted, you will be required to attend a training workshop. At the end you will be able to:
- Co-facilitate a Diabetes, Healthy Feet and You 2.5 hour workshop.
- Recognize the role of the Diabetes, Healthy Feet and You program in the prevention of diabetic foot ulcers.
- Be familiar with the program content and community resources that assist in the prevention and management of diabetes and associated foot complications.
- Operationalize the workshop in your community with your coordinator
- Link participants to services focused on preventing diabetic foot ulcers.
- Link participants to services for diabetic foot screening.
- Empower participants to self-manage preventative foot care.
Your training will be divided into three sections: