A variety of individuals, clinics, and organizations exist to help you manage your diabetes, look after your feet, or treat a foot problem. Do you have a foot problem you need help with? Are you looking for education about diabetes? Would you like to contact a foot care professional? Do you need to find a specialty shoe store? *
Find resources in your community
Find a foot care professional
A variety of different foot care professionals can help you prevent and manage foot problems, including the professionals listed below. In addition, specialty shoe stores are very convenient for people with diabetes, as they carry a range of footwear designed to protect your feet.
Find a foot care professional or specialty shoe store in your area by clicking the appropriate link.
Chiropodists and podiatrists specialize in treating foot diseases, disorders and dysfunctions.
- The Canadian Federation of Podiatric Medicine
- Ontario Society of Chiropodists
- College of Chiropodists of Ontario
- Alberta: College of Podiatric Physicians of Alberta
- British Columbia: British Columbia Podiatric Medical Association
- Manitoba: College of Podiatrists of Manitoba
- New Brunswick: Canadian Podiatric Medical Association
- Nova Scotia: The Nova Scotia Podiatry Association
- Ontario: Ontario Podiatric Medical Association
Pedorthists specialize in orthotics, footwear and footwear modifications
Foot care nurses
Find a diabetes education centre
The Diabetes Canada maintains a list of Diabetes Education Centres in Canada and updates it regularly. Click to find a diabetes education centre near you. If there is no diabetes education centre near you, call the CDA Contact Centre at 1-800-BANTING (226-8464) for information on diabetes and diabetes-related programs and services offered by Diabetes Canada.