Many individuals, clinics, and organizations exist to help you manage your diabetes, look after your feet, and treat any diabetes-related foot problems. Do you have a foot problem you need help with? Would you like to contact a foot care professional? Do you need to find a specialty shoe store? * Are you looking for education about diabetes? If so, check out the resources below.
Find Resources in Your Community
Find a foot care professional or specialty shoe store in your area by clicking the appropriate link.
Chiropodists and podiatrists specialize in treating foot diseases, disorders, and dysfunctions.
- The Canadian Federation of Podiatric Medicine
- Ontario Society of Chiropodists
- College of Chiropodists of Ontario
- Alberta: College of Podiatric Physicians of Alberta
- British Columbia: British Columbia Podiatric Medical Association
- Manitoba: College of Podiatrists of Manitoba
- New Brunswick: Canadian Podiatric Medical Association
- Nova Scotia: The Nova Scotia Podiatry Association
- Ontario: Ontario Podiatric Medical Association
Pedorthists specialize in orthotics, footwear, and footwear modifications
Foot care nurses specialize in basic and advanced foot (skin) and nail care
Find a diabetes education centre or program
Diabetes Canada maintains a list of diabetes education centres and programs in Canada and updates it regularly. Click here to find a diabetes education centre or program near you. If there is no diabetes education centre or program near you, call the Diabetes Canada Contact Centre at 1-800-BANTING (226-8464) for more information on diabetes and diabetes-related programs and services offered by Diabetes Canada.