Congratulations on taking the steps necessary to monitor your foot health and care for your feet! Keeping your feet healthy will require your daily attention, and we would like you to be as successful as possible in your efforts. Please use one or more of the tools below to guide you in your foot care.
These forms are meant to be used as tools only and are not meant to be used for any diagnostic or therapeutic decisions. Specific medical concerns should be directly handled by a qualified healthcare professional.
· Tell a friend or family member how you are planning to care for your feet and why your foot care is important to you.
· Download and complete our Steps for Healthy Feet Checklist to clarify what you will do to take care of your feet.
· Download and complete Your Personal Plan for Change to guide you as you develop habits to care for your feet.
· Let us know what changes you will make by filling in the checklist form below. If you would also like to receive our free monthly tip, please include your name and email address.
Steps for Healthy Feet Checklist
I will take care of my feet! I will make the changes needed to keep my feet healthy.
· Control my blood glucose levels
· Have a healthcare professional trim my toenails and care for the skin on my feet if I cannot reach or feel my feet
· Have my shoes professionally fitted
· Quit smoking
· Begin exercising regularly as directed by my healthcare professional
· Wash my feet daily and dry them well
· Shake out my shoes before putting them on
· Wear shoes at all times, indoors and out
· Buy shoes with closed toes as they protect feet from injury
· Buy shoes late in the day as feet tend to swell
· Change my socks everyday