Find a workshop in Ontario
Toronto Central LHIN (2 Resources)
Self-Management - CENTRAL
Healthy Living with Chronic Conditions
South West LHIN
Self-Management - SOUTH WEST
South West Self-Management Program
Waterloo, Wellington LHIN
Self-Management - WATERLOO WELLINGTON
North East LHIN (36 Resources)
Self-Management - NORTH EAST
Living Healthy North East
North West LHIN
Self-Management -North West
Central West LHIN
Self-Management - Central West,
Peel Memorial Centre – 2.D.248, 20 Lynch Street, Brampton, ON, L6W 2Z8
Living a Healthy Life
905-863-2574 or 1-844-643-7393
Erie St. Clair LHIN
About Diabetic Foot Ulcers
Whether you are a patient, caregiver or clinicians, Wounds Canada has the information you need about diabetic foot ulcers. In partnership with Diabetic Foot Canada, we offer an extensive program to educate about foot care for those living with diabetes. Follow the links below:
Community Resources for Persons with Diabetes
Many individuals, clinics, and organizations exist to help you manage your diabetes, look after your feet, and treat any diabetes-related foot problems. Do you have a foot problem you need help with? Would you like to contact a foot care professional? Do you need to find a specialty shoe store? * Are you looking for education about diabetes? If so, check out the resources below.
Find Resources in Your Community
Find a foot care professional or specialty shoe store in your area by clicking the appropriate link.
Chiropodists and podiatrists specialize in treating foot diseases, disorders, and dysfunctions.
- The Canadian Federation of Podiatric Medicine
- Ontario Society of Chiropodists
- College of Chiropodists of Ontario
- Alberta: College of Podiatric Physicians of Alberta
- British Columbia: British Columbia Podiatric Medical Association
- Manitoba: College of Podiatrists of Manitoba
- New Brunswick: Canadian Podiatric Medical Association
- Nova Scotia: The Nova Scotia Podiatry Association
- Ontario: Ontario Podiatric Medical Association
Pedorthists specialize in orthotics, footwear, and footwear modifications
Foot care nurses specialize in basic and advanced foot (skin) and nail care
Find a diabetes education centre or program
Diabetes Canada maintains a list of diabetes education centres and programs in Canada and updates it regularly. Click here to find a diabetes education centre or program near you. If there is no diabetes education centre or program near you, call the Diabetes Canada Contact Centre at 1-800-BANTING (226-8464) for more information on diabetes and diabetes-related programs and services offered by Diabetes Canada.
Other organizations that support people living with diabetes
A variety of organizations are involved in helping persons with diabetes, and many of them have provincial and territorial chapters. Links to some of these organizations are provided here.
- Diabetes Canada: Education, information, support, and assistance for Canadians with diabetes.
- Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada: Education, information, support, and assistance to Canadians with heart disease or risk factors for stroke and heart disease, like persons with diabetes.
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind: Education, information, support, and assistance to Canadians with low vision and blindness.
- Kidney Foundation of Canada: Education, information, support, and assistance to Canadians with kidney disease or risk factors for kidney disease, like diabetes.
- NursingHomeAbuseGuide.org: strives to provide a comprehensive free resource for the public to learn more about nursing home abuse and the actions they can take to protect a loved one.
Other online programs
We do not endorse or recommend any of the listed clinics or businesses. Therefore, this list cannot be construed as an endorsement or recommendation. This website provides links to other Internet sites for informational purposes and the convenience of its users. When users select a link to an external website, they are leaving this website and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the external site.
Information about Diabetes and Healthy Feet
Looking after your feet is an important part of managing your diabetes.
Let us help you:
- Look after your feet
- Prevent foot ulcers
- Get proper care if you do develop a foot ulcer
This information will help you evaluate your current health and that of your feet. Then you will be able to learn some key information to help get started on a path to healthier feet, put a plan together, and then monitor your health as you incorporate this new plan into your day-to-day life.
Attend a workshop in your community
Why you should attend our workshop?
Attending a Diabetes, Healthy Feet and You community workshop can empower you and help you to discover and develop your abilities so that you can care for your feet to prevent diabetes-related foot complications, like ulcers or sores. Plus, you will be surrounded by people who have experienced the ups and downs of living with diabetes. This is an opportunity for you to learn with and from your peers in a judgment-free environment.