An Innovation in Wound Education
Are you ready to turn knowledge into action, build a community of practice, collaborate with interprofessional colleagues, and lead practice change?
Then the regulated health-care provider stream of the Wound Care Champion Program is for you!
The goal of the regulated health-care providers stream of the Wound Care Champion Program (WCCP) is to empower front-line health-care clinicians with the knowledge and skills necessary to identify persons at risk for wounds and to implement appropriate preventative and treatment measures, using a systematic, interprofessional, person-centred approach.
This self-paced, multi-faceted program (that takes an average of 80 hours to complete) will produce health-care clinicians proficient in wound prevention and care who are prepared to lead change in the health community.
Structure of the Program
- Skin and Wound Anatomy and Physiology
- Wound Prevention and Management
- Leading Practice Change
- Research Utilization
- Interprofessional Communications and Collaboration
- Social Determinants of Health
- Self-Management and Communication
- Use of Technology to Enhance Practice
Expected outcomes for Participants
▹ ONTARIO: Once the student successfully completes all the components of this interprofessional program, they will receive
- a Letter of Accreditation from Wounds Canada and the RNAO and, if a minimum of 80.0 hours has been completed:
- an advnaced Certificate of Completion in Continuing Professional Development from Wounds Canada and Continuing Professional Development, Temerty Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Wounds Canada and the RNAO
- A Best Practice Champions Certificate from the RNAO
Accreditation (Ontario only)
▹ Students may also be eligible to claim the following credits:
- College of Family Physicians of Canada Mainpro+ (1 credit/hour) Group Learning: .40.5 credits
- College of Family Physicians of Canada Mainpro+ (1 credit/hour) Self Learning: 36.5 credits
- Royal College Maintenance of Certification Section 1: 77 hours
Who is the Wound Care Champion Program for?
The program was designed by Wounds Canada in collaboration with the Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario for regulated health-care providers who self-identify as advanced-beginners in their skin health and wound care knowledge and skills.
Thank you again for your interest,
The Wound Care Champion Program Team