An Innovation in Wound Education
Are you ready to turn knowledge into action, build a community of practice, collaborate with interprofessional colleagues, and lead practice change?
Then the regulated health-care provider stream of the Wound Care Champion Program is for you!
The goal of the regulated health-care providers stream of the Wound Care Champion Program (WCCP) is to empower front-line health-care clinicians with the knowledge and skills necessary to identify persons at risk for wounds and to implement appropriate preventative and treatment measures, using a systematic, interprofessional, person-centred approach.
This self-paced, multi-faceted program (that takes an average of 80 hours to complete) will produce health-care clinicians proficient in wound prevention and care who are prepared to lead change in the health community.
Structure of the Program
- Skin and Wound Anatomy and Physiology
- Wound Prevention and Management
- Leading Practice Change
- Research Utilization
- Interprofessional Communications and Collaboration
- Social Determinants of Health
- Self-Management and Communication
- Use of Technology to Enhance Practice
Expected outcomes for Participants
▹ ONTARIO: Once the student successfully completes all the components of this interprofessional program, they will receive
- a Letter of Accreditation from Wounds Canada and the RNAO and, if a minimum of 80.0 hours has been completed:
- an advnaced Certificate of Completion in Continuing Professional Development from Wounds Canada and Continuing Professional Development, Temerty Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Wounds Canada and the RNAO
- A Best Practice Champions Certificate from the RNAO
Accreditation (Ontario only)
▹ Students may also be eligible to claim the following credits:
- College of Family Physicians of Canada Mainpro+ (1 credit/hour) Group Learning: .40.5 credits
- College of Family Physicians of Canada Mainpro+ (1 credit/hour) Self Learning: 36.5 credits
- Royal College Maintenance of Certification Section 1: 77 hours
Now accredited by the
Canadian Nurses Association!
Who is the Wound Care Champion Program for?
The program was designed by Wounds Canada in collaboration with the Registered Nurses' Association of Ontario for regulated health-care providers who self-identify as advanced-beginners in their skin health and wound care knowledge and skills.
Thank you again for your interest,
The Wound Care Champion Program Team