(Last Updated: January 20, 2022)
Wounds Canada ("us", "we", or "our") operates www.WoundsCanada.ca, www.WoundsCanada2021.ca and www.WoundsCanada2022.ca (the "Sites"). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of the Personal Information we receive from users of the Sites.
We use your Personal Information only for improving the Sites. By using the Sites, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
Information Collection and Use
While using our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you.
Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to, your name and email address. Personal information may not, however, include certain types of business or employment related information. It may not, for example, include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization.
Certain fundamental principles apply to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. One of the most significant, is that your personal information generally cannot be collected, used or disclosed without your consent. It also allows you to find out why your personal information is being collected, how it is being used, where it’s being stored and to whom it’s disclosed. It requires the use of appropriate safeguards to secure your personal information. It also grants you access to your personal information and provides mechanisms for ensuring compliance.
We do not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent except where required or allowed by law.
What Information Does Wounds Canada (WC) Collect?
2. Although WC informs you of products or services that third parties offer and that WC feels may be of interest to you, these third parties never have access to the personal information that is collected from you unless it is made clear at the time that the information is collected. If you prefer not to learn about the latest technology, products or services, and you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you always have the option to unsubscribe or opt-out from such further communications.
3. WC may ask you to provide information about yourself to assist in meeting your professional and/or educational needs or to better understand the requirements, profiles and experience of our Sites' visitors so that we may better tailor information. This includes information that is collected if you choose to participate in a survey, if you ask to receive newsletters or update your profile on our Sites.
4. Except for the Anonymous Information described below, you will always know when WC is collecting information from you and therefore have the opportunity not to provide the information.
5. WC does not knowingly solicit information from children and does not knowingly market its products and services to minors.
Use of Information by Wounds Canada (WC)
1. Personal information collected by WC is primarily used for the purpose of:
(a) identifying you as a user of one or more of the WC Sites;
(b) updating you about the Sites and other products and services of WC and its partners, and otherwise developing, marketing, recommending or providing products or services, including by administering surveys;
(c) understanding the ways in which WC can improve its products and services;
(d) answering your questions and providing you with products and services that you have requested;
(e) determining appropriate new features, content or services for the Sites as well as other products and services of WC, including through the use of market research and surveys to better meet the needs of our visitors;
(f) processing payments where applicable;
(g) providing sponsors with aggregate but not personally identifiable information about our visitors’ preferences, including statistical information about the use of WC products and services;
(h) meeting any legal, regulatory, processing or security requirements that involve use or disclosure of your personal information; and
(i) such other purposes as are disclosed to you at the time that personal information is collected from you.
2. WC Sites may contain links to other sites e.g. our clinic and research directories, that are not governed by this Privacy Statement. WC is not responsible for the content of, or the privacy practices employed by these other Sites.
3.. You should be aware that when you voluntarily disclose personal information by posting any information on a Site, including on any blogs, chat areas or bulletin boards, such information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties.
Disclosure of Information
1. WC will not sell, trade, rent or license personal information that you provide.
2. In providing its services, WC may need to disclose your personal information to affiliates, subsidiaries or successors, or to service providers or agents who perform various functions for WC.
3. WC will not otherwise disclose your personal information to third parties except to the extent reasonably required to fulfill the purposes clearly identified at the time that WC collects the personal information. For example, during event registration, post-conference or post-webinar, WC will share certain personal and non-personal information that WC collects from you with the sponsor(s) but this will be clearly explained.
Anonymous Information and Cookies
Like many sites, we use "cookies" to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies, or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Sites. A “cookie” is a small piece of information that a WC web server automatically sends to your browser for storage on your computer, which then permits a WC web server to recall information about your preferences as a part of the Anonymous Information.
You can visit these Sites without advising WC who you are and without providing any information about yourself. However, certain anonymous information (“Anonymous Information”) may be collected by WC automatically. For example, WC’s web servers may collect the IP address and the name of the Internet service provider (“ISP”) associated with the computer from which you accessed a Site, and the type and version of web browser and operating system that you are using, If your web browser is configured to accept cookies, WC may place either temporary cookies (only until you exit your current browser window) or permanent cookies (until you manually disable or delete the cookie using your browser software) on your computer.
Like many site operators, we collect the information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Sites ("Log Data").
This Log Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Sites that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, and other statistics.
In addition, we may use third party services (such as Google Analytics) that collect, monitor, and analyze this data.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. All data is also encrypted in transit over SSL.
Data Storage Location
All data associated with our service is stored only in Canada — we are a 100% Canadian service, with all infrastructure, data storage, and staff located physically in Canada. No data is hosted, stored, or backed up outside of Canada.
Contact Us: If you have questions regarding data protection, need information or want your data to be deleted please contact us at info@woundscanada.