Wounds Canada is committed to providing the best wound-care resources available to health-care professionals across Canada. Through our many educational programs, our program directories and our numerous clinician resources, Wounds Canada enables health-care providers to improve their practice and ensure the best possible care for persons with wounds or at risk for developing wounds. Please explore this section of our website, which is dedicated to health-care professionals like yourself, for wound-related information and for opportunities for learning, sharing and discovering best practice.
More about the content presented at conference
Learn more about our four days of jam-packed learning and networking opportunities in multi-disciplinary setting. View the session details below and browse the agenda.
Returning at this year’s conference are session blocks organized by care settings that reflect the reality of frontline clinicians and administrators. Each block will focus on issues specific to that care setting and will address patient transition to other care settings.
Don’t miss the latest in research
Make the most of your experience at conference by exploring the most current research in the area of skin and wound care! We will be featuring oral poster presentations in lively, interactive sessions along with digital poster presentations on a wide variety of topics, including research, education, health policy and clinical practice.
We also offer many plenary sessions on the following topics:
- Keynote speaker: Canadian race car driver James Hinchcliffe will share his recovery story (after a serious crash) and the health-care team that helped, live November 17!
- Three things you need to know about nutrition and skin health with Anna Slivinski
- Moving wound care forward together: Broader and sooner with Doug Beemer, Connie Harris, David Keast and Michael Stacey
- Pressure injuries: They can happen to anyone with Peter Athanasopoulos and Karen Campbell
- The great debate: What is evidence? with Karen Campbell, Ranjani Somayaji, Nicola Waters and Kevin Woo
- Change over time: Moving new ideas into practice with Irfan Dhalla
- Industry as a partner in best practice with Doug Beemer, Connie Harris and Chester Ho
- Our special guests this year from the International Wound Infection Institute will be a presenting: Evan Call and David Keast