WOUNDS CANADA IS A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION DEDICATED TO THE ADVANCEMENT OF WOUND PREVENTION AND CARE IN CANADA.
The most cost-effective and lowest personal impact hierarchy for wound care should be to:
1. Prevent all preventable wounds.
2. Prevent all existing wounds from becoming complex and/or chronic.
3. Move all chronic wounds onto a healing trajectory.
4. Improve and maintain a good quality of life for patients with unhealable wounds.
As an organization we do this by:
- providing information and education about wounds to the public, health-care providers and government representatives;
- creating awareness of the challenges wound patients face as they navigate Canada’s health-care systems and providing solutions;
- and advocating to governments across Canada to ensure they make wound prevention and care and wound care research a priority.
Visit the Wounds Canada Our Voices, Our Stories page to see how we're creating change in the wound care community by empowering patients and featuring their stories of navigating the health-care system.