As part of our efforts to support professional education, CAWC is pleased to provide links to resources on all aspects of wound management and prevention. In this section you will find a comprehensive wound care resource library.
The CAWC is dedicated to a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach to wound management and prevention. We believe that our efforts to enhance health professionals’ knowledge, skills and abilities will ultimately improve the health of Canadians as well as lead to improvements in our publicly funded healthcare system.
A number of the documents in this area are in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it from Adobe.
- 2017 Series of Best Practice Guidelines
pdf Best Practice Recommendations for the Prevention and Treatment of Venous Leg Ulcers: Update 2006 (542 KB) Brian Kunimoto, Maureen Cooling, Wayne Gulliver, Pamela E. Houghton, Heather L. Orsted, and R. Gary Sibbald
- pdf Best Practice Recommendations for Preparing the Wound Bed: Update 2006 (637 KB) R. Gary Sibbald, Heather L. Orsted, Patricia M. Coutts, David H. Keast
pdf First Nations Diabetic Foot Workshop (90 KB)
Heather L. Orsted, Wound Care Canada, Vol. 7, No. 2, 2009.
pdf Wound Care Education in Canada (118 KB) , David H. Keast
pdf A New Master’s Program in Wound Healing: Preparing Clinician Scientists to Advance Research and Practice (91 KB) , Pamela E. Houghton, Wound Care Canada, Vol. 5, No. 7, 2007.
Assessing and Developing Clinical Practice Guidelines
Cathy Burrows, Heather Orsted, Laura Teague, Rob Miller, Christine Peason, Sharon Evashkevich, Wendy Marr, Delilah Guy, Wayne Gulliver
- pdf Canadian Provincial Wound-Care Reimbursement: Focus on Alberta (58 KB)
A Model for Implementing Best Practices in Wound Care in a Hospital Setting
pdf Prevalence of pressure ulcers in Canadian health-care settings. (445 KB) Woodbury MG, Houghton PE.
Ostomy/Wound Management. 2004;50(10):22-38.
Other Printable Resources
- pdf Product Picker Dressing Selection Guide (77 KB)
- pdf Best Practice Enabler (289 KB)
- pdf Quick Reference Guide (317 KB)
- pdf PEP Talk Daily Commitment Reference Card ENG (450 KB)
- pdf PEP Talk Daily Commitment Reference Card FRN (458 KB)