En francais? Cliquez ici
As part of our efforts to support professional education, Wounds Canada is pleased to provide links to resources on all aspects of wound management and prevention. In this section you will find a comprehensive wound care resource library. Wounds Canada is dedicated to a collaborative, integrated team approach to wound management and prevention. We believe that our efforts to enhance health professionals’ knowledge, skills and abilities will ultimately improve the health of Canadians as well as lead to improvements in our publicly funded healthcare system.
Updated Product Pickers: click here
A number of the documents in this area are in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it from Adobe.
- 2017 Series of Best Practice Guidelines
Best Practice Recommendations for the Prevention and Treatment of Venous Leg Ulcers: Update 2006
Brian Kunimoto, Maureen Cooling, Wayne Gulliver, Pamela E. Houghton, Heather L. Orsted, and R. Gary Sibbald
- Best Practice Recommendations for Preparing the Wound Bed: Update 2006
R. Gary Sibbald, Heather L. Orsted, Patricia M. Coutts, David H. Keast
- Barriers to the implementation of best practice in wound care by Madeleine Flanagan
First Nations Diabetic Foot Workshop
Heather L. Orsted
Wound Care Education in Canada
David H. Keast
- Assessing and Developing Clinical Practice Guidelines
Cathy Burrows, Heather Orsted, Laura Teague, Rob Miller, Christine Peason, Sharon Evashkevich, Wendy Marr, Delilah Guy, Wayne Gulliver
- Canadian Provincial Wound-Care Reimbursement: Focus on Alberta
- A Model for Implementing Best Practices in Wound Care in a Hospital Setting
Prevalence of pressure ulcers in Canadian health-care settings. Woodbury MG, Houghton PE.
Ostomy/Wound Management. 2004;50(10):22-38.
Other Printable Resources
- Updated Product Pickers: click here
- Wound Management Cycle (quick reference guide) in PDF or for an image format: click here
- Le Cycle de gestion des soins de plaie (guide de reference rapide) version PDF ou en format JPEG, cliquez ici
- PEP Talk Daily Commitment Reference Card ENG
- PEP Talk Daily Commitment Reference Card FRN
- Facts on peripheral arterial disease (PAD) for patients
- Facts on peripheral arterial disease (PAD) for physicians
- Faits sur la maladie artérielle périphérique (MAP) pour patients
- Faits sur la maladie artérielle périphérique (MAP) pour doctors
Diabetes, Healthy Feet and You: tools and brochures. To access documentation for your patients, click here.
- Diabetes, Healthy Feet and You: Brochure/poster for clinician
- Diabetes, Healthy Feet and You: Brochure/poster for clinician (French)