As part of our efforts to support professional education, CAWC is pleased to provide links to resources on all aspects of wound management and prevention. In this section you will find a comprehensive wound care resource library.
The CAWC is dedicated to a collaborative, interdisciplinary approach to wound management and prevention. We believe that our efforts to enhance health professionals’ knowledge, skills and abilities will ultimately improve the health of Canadians as well as lead to improvements in our publicly funded healthcare system.
- Wound Management Cycle (quick reference guide)
- Le Cycle de gestion des soins de plaie (guide de reference rapide)
A number of the documents in this area are in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it from Adobe.
- 2017 Series of Best Practice Guidelines
Best Practice Recommendations for the Prevention and Treatment of Venous Leg Ulcers: Update 2006 Brian Kunimoto, Maureen Cooling, Wayne Gulliver, Pamela E. Houghton, Heather L. Orsted, and R. Gary Sibbald
- Best Practice Recommendations for Preparing the Wound Bed: Update 2006 R. Gary Sibbald, Heather L. Orsted, Patricia M. Coutts, David H. Keast
First Nations Diabetic Foot Workshop
Heather L. Orsted, Wound Care Canada, Vol. 7, No. 2, 2009.
Wound Care Education in Canada, David H. Keast
A New Master’s Program in Wound Healing: Preparing Clinician Scientists to Advance Research and Practice, Pamela E. Houghton, Wound Care Canada, Vol. 5, No. 7, 2007.
- Assessing and Developing Clinical Practice Guidelines
Cathy Burrows, Heather Orsted, Laura Teague, Rob Miller, Christine Peason, Sharon Evashkevich, Wendy Marr, Delilah Guy, Wayne Gulliver
- Canadian Provincial Wound-Care Reimbursement: Focus on Alberta
- A Model for Implementing Best Practices in Wound Care in a Hospital Setting
Prevalence of pressure ulcers in Canadian health-care settings. Woodbury MG, Houghton PE.
Ostomy/Wound Management. 2004;50(10):22-38.
Other Printable Resources
- New: Wound Management Cycle (quick reference guide)
- Nouveau : le Cycle de gestion des soins de plaie (guide de reference rapide)
- Product Picker Dressing Selection Guide
- Best Practice Enabler
- Quick Reference Guide
- PEP Talk Daily Commitment Reference Card ENG
- PEP Talk Daily Commitment Reference Card FRN